Friday, March 03, 2006

February - Vegan Wine Review

This Vegan Wine review is on Vegan Freak Radio, episode #30, take a listen!

CORRECTION: I am embarrassed to say the Vegan wines I tested are not all Vegan. The information I found was incorrect. The Fetzer white are Vegan but the Fetzer Red are not.

The Wine party brought out 10 of my closest family and friends! I had 5 bottles of "official" wine to test and an extra bottle or two kicking around to add as needed. I didn't get many comments from the judges, I think it was because they were distracted by the yummy food and the alcohol. These reviews were rated based on first, second, third and etc.. I will return to the obsessive average system for the next party.

Here is the link page I used to find out which wines are and are not vegan. http://veganfreak.com/index.php?s=internetresources#booze

Before I put up pictures of my beautiful judges I need to show you all the amazing food from the party. I don't want to overlook the yummy food, it deserves some attention because it was glorious, all vegan of coarse.

Here is the food!
Bruschetta by Dee, Cilantro Salsa, Guacamole, Demonic Mushrooms, Hummus and Chocolate Cake by Kerri.
































Here are the judges!
Wendy, Kim, Dee & Dan, Dad (Marty) & Sandy, Evelin, Kellie, Kelly, Kerri and not pictured is Cory.






















































































































A few of my friends showed up early and wanted to start drinking. I didn't want to open the wine from the review so I went with a different wine I had in the house. So here are the comments and picture of the "secret" wine.



Peter Lehmann
2003 Barossa Shiraz
Cost: $18.99
Rating: Secretly conducted prior to guests arriving!

We each had 2 glasses before the party started, it was smooth.
I will definitely be buying this wine again.












Here are the "official" Wines!




















Yellow Tail
2004 Merlot
Cost: $10.00
Rating: First Place


Mild and smooth.
Nice light oaky taste with good body.











CORRECTION: The information I found was incorrect. The Fetzer white are Vegan but the Fetzer Red are not.

Fetzer Vineyards
Cabernet Sauvignon (organic)
Cost: $9.99
Rating: Second Place

Nice fruity light taste, no aftertaste.
Very smooth, delicious flavor











CORRECTION: The information I found was incorrect. The Fetzer white are Vegan but the Fetzer Red are not.

Fetzer Vineyards
Merlot (organic)
Cost: $9.99
Rating: Third Place

Leaves an after taste bordering on bitter.












Frey Organic Wine
Pinot Noir
Cost: $11.99
Rating: Fourth Place

Very mild
Bitter taste...bitter aftertaste












Frey Organic Wine
Cabernet Sauvignon
Rating: Fifth Place


A little tart on my tongue, but mysteriously reminds me of grape soda.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter